In 1845, Ezra Keller, Wittenberg University's founder and first president, chose Springfield, Ohio as the permanent location for the university. Delta Gamma made its first contact with the university in 1925 and then inspected the campus in the summer of 1954. On February 10, 1955, Clarence Stoughton, President of Wittenberg University, invited Delta Gamma to establish a chapter. On October 5, 1955, Gamma Rho (our chapter letters) colony was established and an apartment in Ferncliff Hall was rented for the first initiated 14 women. In the fall of 1956, Gamma Rho chapter was installed at the Springfield Country Club and the chapter moved its home to 909 Woodlawn Avenue and then to the "Sun House". In 1960, the construction of the new Delta Gamma sorority house began and on October 28, 1962 the construction of the current house located at 501 North Wittenberg Avenue was completed. This is the first sorority house to be built on Wittenberg University's campus.